Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record and Replay doesn't work, why?
Not Solved
I just tried to create an app by using Visual studio C# Forms applcaiton, QTP record doesn't work. And I tried Win7 build in calcualtor, it doesn't record also, what is wrong?
Is it true that more users are using record and replay when using QTP than writting the script?
Not Solved
To answer your second question, the only time I use Record Playback is to find out how QTP does something (especially on harders stuff like grids). Once I get the record, then I do the actually writting of the script. The things that go wrong with Record Playback is that timing is so important. So writing the code and added .Exist and waits make it more robust. Also, Record Playback has adds no verifications (so no reason to do automation at all)
Not Solved
If record doens't work, does it mean QTP cannot be used for this App? It is hard to believe QTP doesn't WPF.
Not Solved
It will work(at least while you are recording it), but maintenace on it is a pain in the butt. And in the record playback(RP) there are no verifications, no waits, and is very unreliable. you could use RP to figure out how things work, but it is more robust if you add checks so that it won't fail and get stuck. Some of the things I always add is before pressing a button on a form (i.e. OK button), I verify that the form exists, this helps from getting the script in a invalid state.
Sorry I miss-read you question. are you saying when you do record back nothing happens?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  File Chooser on Chrome doesn't work - UFT 15.0.1 Nenna Rosa 1 3,317 10-31-2020, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Replay Start Error Bhuvana 0 814 01-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Bhuvana
  Object doesn't support this property or method: 'webedit' Divya Roopa 3 9,690 03-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  QTP 11.0 Doesn't allow to save excel extracted from BO report. Hema Ganesh.M 1 3,068 12-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  QTP Replay Error qtplearner82 4 9,188 06-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Last Post: doug13