Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refresh particular action.
Not Solved
Hi.

I have one QTP Script which calls 15 reusable actions.

Now if i make any changes in any one of those 15 actions, i have to reload the entire test to use that one updated action.

Is there any way I can refresh one particular action, it will save time to download entire test script.

Regards
TurtleRock
Not Solved
Not sure if I understood your question correctly.

If you are making a call to a particular action, won't the actions get updated (refreshed) automatically the next time you open the calling script? (if you are calling via "Call to existing action")
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
I am working on two VM(virtual Machines) VM1,VM2 concurrently, each having QTP. On VM1's QTP my main script is loaded, and in VM2's QTP one reusable action is open which is being called from main script of VM1.

I am making changes in my action on VM2(Action is shared using QC). Now if I want to execute the main script with updated action (modified in VM2), I have to reload the entire script in VM1(which causes loading of all the 15 actions).

My question : Is there any way we can just refresh the one particular action in VM1.

Regards:
TurtleRock
Not Solved
You can do the load and run of a particular action at run time using a newly introduced statement in v10.0

Check out QTP's documentation on LoadAndRunAction statement
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
I am using QTP 9.2 This option is not available in this version.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WaitProperty does not refresh the object (WebNumber) cantorre 0 1,508 05-10-2017, 06:21 AM
Last Post: cantorre
  action status in QTP test - main action vanilla 1 4,502 02-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Last Post: rajpes
  How to use an Array in an Action declared in another Action PrabhatN 5 8,549 06-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Last Post: PrabhatN
  How to checkpoints of one action in another action anbarasu 0 1,740 11-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Last Post: anbarasu
  Action results seen in next action XeNoMoRpH 2 2,704 06-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Last Post: XeNoMoRpH