Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reusable Actions.
Not Solved
Hello,

I have couple of reusable action I call from other scripts. When I make changes to the reusable actions the changes are not reflected in the calling scripts. Is there a way to do this?

I am deleting the reusable action and adding it back in to get the updated version. I want to avoid doing this.

Thanks,
Raj
Not Solved
Hi Raj,
You might have used "Call to copy of an action" with this updates will not reflect instead of this use "Call to Existing action".

Thanks,
Venkat.Bathu
Not Solved
I have a query like I am getting some unwanted pop up windows even I am using recovery scenario concept also.

cud you please help me out one this.
thanks in advance
shravan
Not Solved
Hi Shravan,
Its good practise that always post a new query and do not interupt the queries which not related to ur's,It seems this is your first post so please read the post guide lines...

Definetly u would get the prompt replies for your query....
All the Best...

Thanks,
Venkat.Batchu
Not Solved
@Sharvan - As suggested by Venkat, Please read the forum Posting Guidelines and create a new thread for your query.

Not Solved
Venkat, Thanks for the response.
I am using Call to Existing action, not Call to Copy, and I am not seeing the updates.
Not Solved
Hi Raj,

Fyi, "Call to Existing Action" is applicable for calling "Reusable Actions" only.

When a Reusable Action of a Test(say Test1) is called in other Test(Test2) then it would be treated as "External Action"(Read Only i.e Cannot be edited, since it contains a link to the source Action of Test1)
Not Solved
Sreekanth,
I am not trying to edit the action that I am calling (yes it is read only).
Heres what I want to do.

I am calling a reusable action A in script B. Later I update action A. If I go back and look at action A in script B. The changes are not reflected. I usually remove the action and add it back in to get the changes. And I am looking for a better way to get the updated action.

Thanks,
Raj
Not Solved
Hi Raj,

Seems a bit strange !!
As far as I worked with Reusable Actions , never faced any issues regarding the updations.(Changes get reflected)

@Saket : Any inputs from you on this.
Not Solved
I agree with you Sreekanth, QTP does not behave this way. the script should be updated with the changes in reusable actions.

Raj - Just in case, have you used relative path? can you check whether you are saving your changes to the correct location which is linked with your test.
you can view the location of your reusable action in the general tab of action properties and check with that your folders listed in options.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creating a folder from within a reusable action. sd3 2 2,985 06-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Last Post: learnQtptips
  Return reusable object HelenN 0 4,195 04-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Last Post: HelenN
  Reusable Actions created in 9.2 not recognized in 9.5 varsi 1 2,330 04-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Last Post: funajju
  insert reusable action programmatically akhihkr 2 2,978 06-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Last Post: akhihkr
Question Calling reusable Actions from a Test WITHOUT having to interfere with the UI ConstantChange 1 2,303 04-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Last Post: niranjan