Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running Tests from QTP versus Quality Center
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
I'm looking for some feedback on the best way to automate a web application. Our company has both QuickTest Professional 9.5, and Quality Center 9.2. I have created two different scenarios on how to run the same automated test, and would like some feedback on the pros and cons of each:

Scenario 1. I have 22 different QTP Reusable Actions that have been incorporated into a single QTP "Test". This QTP Test will use the RunAction command to call each of the 22 "external" actions.

Scenario 2. I have a Quality Center "Test Set" defined. This Test Set has the same 22 Reusable Actions as individual test set instances/steps.

Both of my scenarios will run, and I have to believe that there is a preferred method of running automated tests, but there are mixed feelings in our company as to which proves to be the best result.

Anyone that has QTP mixed with Quality Center, if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate any input. I don't have much described in terms of Object Repository as I am not "Sharing" any objects currently. The 22 Reusable Actions were developed so that they would have minimal, if any, shared objects.

I look to the QTP forum for their thoughts.

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Steve Groves
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
I prefer running the test from MQC if the test needs to be executed by multiple users.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attaching QTP result to Quality Center vikas_dhir 5 19,666 01-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Swetha_Bayya
  [UFT] Fixed web tests with dynamic parts jdd 3 2,443 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Run Button is not available in QTP 11 - while running tests from QC 11 Kannan R 0 1,766 08-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Kannan R
  cannot open QTP tests learnasugo 8 8,746 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Ankesh
  How to run VBScript file from quality center sree.85 0 2,404 10-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: sree.85