Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAP 720 Automation on Citrix Machine
Not Solved

I have SAP 7.20 on Citrix Interface plus QTP10.0 installed. QTP is not recognizing SAP objects QTP asks to enable Client Side/Server Side Scripting.
1. What Settings are needed for Record/Run to test SAP applications.
2. I need to open Citrix WebPage then Open SAP to logon to a SAP Server. Both ask me for a Login/Password which has a combination of Web Page and Windows Dialogs. How to write script to automate in QTP.
3. Does QTP Support 7.20 SAP or 7.10.

Thanks

Sridhar
Not Solved
Hi Sridhar,

Qtp support SAP. I am working on it presently.

Before working with SAP, u need to do some settings in SAP which are as below

Enabling User Scripting
These are the basic settings you need to enable scripting on your SAP GUI for windows apps before you start automating it.
1) Client side setting
2) Server side setting

1) Client side setting: Whenever the user tries to connect with the SAP through QTP script, below pop up will be shown.

To overcome this do the following steps….
• Logon to SAP
• Click on the Customizing of local Layout button
• Select Options. An Option Pop Up will appear.
• Go to the Scripting Tab
• Check the enable scripting check box and uncheck the rest of the check boxes.
This completes enabling client side scripting.

2) Server Side Setting: Sometime when we need to record or spy an object, we won’t be able to do it. And we might get one popup saying – server side scripting is not enabled. In that case do the following steps to overcome this problem.
Run the transaction code RZ11 ,this opens Maintain Profile Parameters page enter Sapgui/user_scripting and click on Display button.

When you click on the display button, the below screen will appear.

Click on change value button and change the value of profileval to TRUE. This completes our Enable scripting process.

Attached Files
.pdf   QTP SAP Automation.pdf (Size: 319.41 KB / Downloads: 207)
Not Solved
Thank you Ankesh. I had followed the instructions that you gave and tried to Spy and Record Objects but here is the issue:-

QTP does not recognize SAP UI though SAP Plugins are present. QTP and SAP are placed as icons on the Citrix interface. I understand both might be installed on separate machines and a single interface is provided, which is why QTP not able to spy any SAP Objects.

1) Are there any citrix settings/configuration needed.
2) Should QTP and SAP be available on the same machine.
3) OR Please let me know as to how can I Add SAP Server Description in the Record and Run Settings.
4) Is there a QTP-SAP plugin for free download so I can test this on my Laptop accessing SAP.

Please advice.

Regards

Sridhar

Attached Files
.doc   QTP-SAP-Issue Description.doc (Size: 113.5 KB / Downloads: 131)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Running UFT scripts on a remote machine with no UFT installed on the Remote machine anupam4j 0 2,804 01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: anupam4j
  QTP - VMWare execution from Local machine JoshiCM 0 2,976 04-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: JoshiCM
  QTP Script execution on Remote Machine rgaribe 4 11,438 08-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Last Post: GregHicks
  QTP 11 is Machine specific ? Bala8290 0 2,270 04-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Bala8290
  Execute QTP script in locked machine sundarsece 4 10,381 04-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Last Post: pranshuagarwal