Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same tests on different URL's?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago Question 
Hi guys,

I have automated some regression tests for one URL, but how can I iterate the same tests for other URL's. The URL's are different but everything else is suppose to be identical. Hence the same testing on all URL's.

Thanks and kind regards,
Mukesh L.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago Wink 
Hi Mukesh,

Are you sure that on different URL everthing else is identical?

Please check it again.Use object spy for detail checking.
I think it should be different.
Smile
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi Mukesh,

Make sure everything is same for different URLs because the "Browser" object properties are different for different URLs. The only property that can identify different Browsers is "CreationTime".

If still everything same then you can acheive this task as follows:

1. In the Global Sheet, name a column as "URLs_In" and give all the URLs you want to test under this column.

2. Change/Set the "Data Table iteration" option to "Run on all rows" (File-->Settings-->Run-->Data Table iteration)

3. Create an action and name it "Launch_URL" and write the below code inside it

Code:
SystemUtil.Run "iexplore",DataTable("URLs_In",dtGlobalSheet)

4. Then call your other actions that deal with actual test. Make sure you are identifying the "Browser" object by "CreationTime" property

5. After each iteration (at the last line of your last action) write the below code

Code:
Browser("CreationTime:=0").Close

Hope it will help you.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
"It's alive!" Tongue

First of all Ankur & Prabhat, thanks for your responses. Yes I see what you both mean, but the company is using some web based Content Man. Sys were they have different frontends to reduce the load. Even though the FrontEnd url is different, all the obj. and links for some reason seems to have same path. Since I am new here I don't have all the details yet Sad

Prabhat thanks for the list, works like a charm.Big Grin

- Mukesh L.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [UFT] Fixed web tests with dynamic parts jdd 3 2,446 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Run Button is not available in QTP 11 - while running tests from QC 11 Kannan R 0 1,767 08-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Kannan R
  Problems with URL as Object identifier??? jcraig26 1 3,175 02-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Last Post: anil2u
  cannot open QTP tests learnasugo 8 8,758 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Ankesh
  url value sia sharma 0 2,129 07-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sia sharma