Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scheduler
Not Solved
I have a question about UFT. I currently run UFT scripts off of an excel sheet with a driver. I was wondering if there is a way to schedule (date and/or time) when each of those tests run and insert that into my excel?

Currently my driver runs the following:

testFile                                Sheet                          Execute
TestSheet.xlsx                    SampleSheetName  
TestSheet.xlsx                    BrowserLaunch         N
TestSheet.xlsx                    Database                    Y

Where each test script is listed in their own sheet in an Excel file called SampleExcelSheet.xlsx. I basically want to add a feature where I can run each test at a specific date. Perhaps add a new column called Date of execution?
Not Solved
Hi BruceBruce,

have u tried this with window scheduler. create a vbs file and schedule it with windows scheduler to run.
Read:https://www.learnqtp.com/how-to-run-qtp-scripts-at-scheduled-time/

I hope it helps..

Thanks,
Aditi..
Not Solved
Thank you for that. The scheduler does work and I will try that. I have another question. I want to run the scheduler to launch a main script which imports a datasheet. Is there a way to run that same main script and have it import a diffrent datasheet depending on the day with the scheduler?
Not Solved
Your VBS file should have the following.
- Launching QTP
- Opening your Main Script

you should do the above using AOM (automation object model).
Thanks,
SUpputuri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Issue with "Test run scheduler": Unable to clear the scheduler list arunshashidhar.mk 0 2,689 12-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Last Post: arunshashidhar.mk
  Running QTP script via Cron/Windows Scheduler/ ksnalni 3 4,970 05-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
  QTP10 with Windows Scheduler tangy 0 2,418 08-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Last Post: tangy
Exclamation Scheduling tests stored in QC by using Windows 7 Task Scheduler avanthi 4 5,774 02-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Last Post: basanth27