Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
UFT 11.5 with .net objects
Not Solved
Hi ,

I have a question on .net objects and recording them in QTP.

My application is a scheduler that helps schedule appointments. Those appointments are movable within the screen. On top of the appointment the name of the patient and the type of appointment will be display.

Now I have to automate this by finding the appointment on the screen using patient name and then do a right click on it. Also when I hover over the appointment the tooltip will be displayed and I need to capture that

Can you tell me how to do this? I have tried using gettextlocation. It sometimes returns success and other time says text cannot be found. I have also used getvisibletext. The text is there. But not sure how to get the coordinates and click.

Any assistance is appreciated
Not Solved
Please ensure you don't open multiple threads for the same question.

Regarding your query, please check using Object Spy which property has the tool tip in it.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Webtable objects recognise as weblist in UFT 12.5 Sharad Kumar 0 1,056 12-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Sharad Kumar
  UFT Descriptive Programming objects not identified in a secure & private intranet env bugfinder2 1 1,668 06-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  QTP is not identifying the objects in .net application. qtpexpert 0 2,569 03-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Last Post: qtpexpert
Question Object Identification issue with .Net Objects Punam K 1 3,864 06-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Last Post: AutomationEngr