Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to automate WPF Context sensitive menu
Not Solved
Hello,

Here is the configuration that we are using for test environment:

•QTP 11(Build 1018) + WPF add-in
•Windows 2008 Server R2

Issue details: (Each solution which I have tried out is mentioned as a bullet point. Replies/suggestions are welcome to any/all of the points)

•We are trying to record context sensitive (right-click) menu. When trying to record this, QTP hangs and sometimes the application also hangs. Eventually, the recording of the context menu does not happen. I would expect that if the recording happens correctly, I should see a WpfMenu type object. Any suggestions/settings to QTP/application?

•To workaround the issue of non-recording, I have executed the ShowContextMenu on the parent object(WpfObject) of the context menu. The issue, here, is that the context menu shows up but when trying to execute another method/event to click on a context menu object/selection, the execution control goes back to QTP and at this point, the context menu in the application goes away/stops getting displayed. Is there any way that the context menu can be made to "persist" when the execution control goes back to QTP?

•Ideally Shift+F10 works to bring up the context menu on any application and Shift+F10+<menu hot key> chooses a selection from the context menu. Issue: Shift+F10 does not bring up the context menu in the test application. In any case, the test application context menu does not have any hot keys for menu selections. Is there any other hot key combination that I could try out?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error in Code while accessing WPF object Dinesh_cts 1 3,170 11-08-2017, 11:46 PM
Last Post: lotos
  Unable to perform click operation on MDI menu/sub menu (Infragistics) with UFT 12 Mahen1108 0 3,285 06-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Mahen1108
  Error on WPF elements Autobot 2 4,983 12-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Autobot
  [Siebel QTP Automation] Unable to automate SiebCalendar object vishnu_cec 0 2,605 08-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Last Post: vishnu_cec
  Issue in WPF Automation in QTP 11 Dinesh_cts 3 8,327 09-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Last Post: rnbhushan