Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to run QTP tests on Quality
Not Solved
I have a few working scripted in QTP.

When i move them to quality center, i am unable to run these tests. I get the following error:

"The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password"

Does the QC center need to have QTP installed?
vice versa?

Please advice. This is critical and i am not able to evaluate quality center without moving fwd in this step.

Thanks,
Rd
Not Solved
Nope. However, check for the below.

1. Have you downloaded the necessary add-ins on both QC & QTP machines ?
2. Is QC & QTP machines all located on the same domain ?

Try this and let me know if the error persists.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Yes I have downloaded all the required add-ins on both the QC and QTP machines.
They are both located on the same domain.

These are the two common errors i am getting:

"The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password"

or

"RPC Server unaivable"

The test will only run locally. When i script on my local machine and run the test on a different machine, my checkpoints fail. is there a way to export QTP settings, so the test are validated the same way regardless of where they are run?
Not Solved
rdwaram -

Which Version of QTP are you working on ?

If it is 9.2 then try this,

1. Navigate to C:\Program files\Mercury Interactive\Bin, look for a file called Rmtagentfx.exe.

Double click that file. Take a restart and then try to see if that resolves your issue.

If it does not or if you are using QTP higher than 9.2, you will find several troubleshooting steps on HP Support site which precisely deals with DCOM settings. Try to follow those.

If still no luck, log a case with HP and let them resolve it for you.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
I am running QC 10. I guess I will have to look into the DCOM settings. Can you please direct me to any support pages if you already know of any specific ones?

Thanks!
Not Solved
Is it QC 10.0 or QTP 10.0 ?

I will try and find to attach some files with DCOM settings. Unfortunately its on my personal laptop and not in my work one.
Basanth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attaching QTP result to Quality Center vikas_dhir 5 19,648 01-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Swetha_Bayya
  inetcpl.cpl not clearing SSL cache when tests are run from ALM msacks 2 2,805 09-28-2016, 10:12 PM
Last Post: msacks
  [UFT] Fixed web tests with dynamic parts jdd 3 2,436 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: vinod123
Exclamation Unable to Run QTP on Windows 8 IE 10. Please Help gthomas 2 2,077 12-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Vinay Y J
  Run Button is not available in QTP 11 - while running tests from QC 11 Kannan R 0 1,761 08-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Kannan R