Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unknown Object properties
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi,

When you type "Services" command on the QTP and then type a period (.), few properties associated with "Services" object are auto-populated. But I have seen in some of the scripts that an listed property "IterationNumber" has been used with the "Services" object.

When I searched for the IterationNumber, I found out that this is obsolete method but no description at all in the QTP Help. Also there was no alternative suggested in the Help topic.

Can anyone please tell me if this is obsolete then what else can we use in place of it?

Also how do we get to know the un-listed properties of any object that are not mentioned anywhere but are in use. Because I have seen situation like above in many places where property name is used but is not mentioned for that particular object. I hope I do not sound confusedSmile.

Thanks,
Vijayendra
Which version of QTP are you using ? I dont see "IterationNumber" on QTP 10.0.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Right now I am using 9.2 version. Even i do not see this in the 9.2 but there are some scripts in which this command had been used. and in in help i found this command under obsolete with no details at all. But it works without any error.

Attached Files
.doc   IterationNumber Method.doc (Size: 75 KB / Downloads: 97)

Which version of QTP are you using ? I dont see "IterationNumber" on QTP 10.0.
[/quote]

Right now I am using 9.2 version. Even i do not see this in the 9.2 but there are some scripts in which this command had been used. and in in help i found this command under obsolete with no details at all. But it works without any error.
[/quote]

Yeah, it will work without errors because it is backward compatible.Atleast thats what the help says. Thanks for pointing it out, i suggest you replace the method to make sure further ahead you dont face any problems. But if you ask me do you know any further, I would say, the bible(qtp help) has nothing more to offer Smile.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OpenNewTab stopped working on IE after unknown windows update M851533 0 993 07-19-2018, 08:36 AM
Last Post: M851533
  verify that parent properties match object currently displayed in your application. sona 0 2,948 02-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: sona
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,455 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  Upgraded QTP 11.0 to UFT 11.53, Object Index Properties are varying Raghava M 0 2,081 01-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Raghava M
  Object properties are not visible suresh.tata 1 2,409 02-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Last Post: supputuri