Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating Shared repository
Not Solved
Hi All,

I have created a shared repository merging few Local Repositories.

Now if i change the object name in the shared repository, will the object name in the script change accordingly?

I have associated the shared repository to all the scripts.

Please help me with the procedure to do so if it is possible.
Not Solved
Open the shared repository from 'Object Repository Manager'( resources->Object repository manager--open the .tsr file) and then click file->Enable editing to edit the shared repository. Any changes you make here will reflect in all the scripts where ever the repository is associated. yes, When you change the logical name, the change takes place in script accordingly..
Not Solved
Thanks Ravi for your reply.

But the changes get updated only on the script which is open.

It does not get updated on the scripts which are not currently open but the Shared OR is associated to it.

Is there any workaround to achieve the same?
Not Solved
Try to run the script in maintenance run mode:

Maintenance Run Mode helps you maintain your Quick Test tests when your Application Under Test (AUT) changes. Maintenance Run Mode runs while QTP/UFT steps through your test. It points out where object recognition has failed, and then it helps you make the necessary changes to your script and Object Repository (O. R.). Maintenance Run Mode is like a magic little friend, or even a wizard helping you make sure your scripts always identify your objects correctly.

Maintenance Run Mode is especially useful when you receive the error message, “Cannot identify the object <<insert your object name here>>”. When you receive this error message, just launch into Maintenance Run Mode (and get those magnets ready!)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  qtp script for updating values in xml file automation2012 3 11,261 11-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Lavanya N
  Updating the web table Ananth1982 0 1,778 03-04-2015, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Ananth1982
  QTP 11 - CreateFolder fails to create folder in shared network drive from Windows 7 Pallavi 3 3,399 02-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: guin.anirban
  Shared Object Repository issue ShekharUlli 2 3,293 09-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Last Post: ShekharUlli
  Copy file to network shared location sams001 0 2,964 04-03-2013, 02:10 AM
Last Post: sams001