Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Verify that parent properties match..."
Not Solved
I have registered the login in a website. While registering, I clicked "Yes" in 2 protection advice boxes.
When I run the test, I obtain Run Error:
Cannot find the "Sì" object's parent "Avviso di protezione" (class Dialog). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in you application.

In the Expert View, I see (xyz is an organization):
Code:
Browser("xyz").Dialog("Avviso di protezione").WinButton("Sì").Click
Browser("xyz").Dialog("Avviso di protezione").WinButton("Sì").Click
in which the error is in the second line. How can I resolve the problem? (and which is the meaning of the error?).
thx :-)
Not Solved
Is that a pop-up where you are getting an error? If yes, refer this post

otherwise check if there are any dynamically changing values for the erroneous object..
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Try this:

Code:
Browser("micclass:=Browser").Dialog("micclass:=Dialog").WinButton("si").Click

There might be a few reasons why this has happened. You must check if you executed your code for the right dialog box, and if yes, then chances are that its a dynamic object. You should look into Regular Expressions to handle such behavior, or revert to DP.
Not Solved
@ Anshoo

Code:
Browser("micclass:=Browser").Dialog("micclass:=Dialog").WinButton("si").Click

The code above will never work. Remember the simple rule:

Parent OR -- Child DP: Code Works
Parent DP --- Child OR : Code would never work
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
You are absolutely right, my bad. I copied the last portion out without paying much attention, but it should be like this:

Code:
Browser("micclass:=Browser").Dialog("micclass:=Dialog").WinButton("regexpwndtitle:=si").Click

Stevol, when you click the WinButton at first, does another dialog box appear? Can you try to introduce a a few seconds wait before executing the next click if that is the case?
Not Solved
I proved various tips [add of 'visible' property about Dialog & WinButton, the different string with "regexpwndtitle:=si", ...], without results.
Then i proved to repeat always the same test, but waiting for some second before press the "si" button... i have not understood why, but now it has correctly worked... :-O
thx :-)
Not Solved
The solution proposed before doesn't function always... different runs of the same test produce different effects... sometimes the run finishes correctly, others i obtain the usual error posted... i suppose it may depend by eventual transitory net problems (we have traffic problem on the net... too simultaneous connections...)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get the links which appears on mouse hover of parent link rajendra649 9 34,840 03-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Last Post: satish00k
  [UFT] [WPF] Verify if the cell contains an image robertosalemi 0 1,779 10-25-2016, 06:57 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  Need to verify the drop down values based on condition santhoshmscsoftware 1 2,714 05-04-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  verify that parent properties match object currently displayed in your application. sona 0 2,943 02-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: sona
  How to write a script for fly out menus (Parent - Child - Sub Child) rajkumarsm 3 4,455 09-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Last Post: vinod123