Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disAdv - chk points ?
Not Solved
what are the disadvantages using check points in QTP?
Not Solved
If you are using checkpoints and if the developer made some changes for any control for example WebList if you are verifying the contents of the Weblist and you are using the check point for the verification it will work properly only till the time you are not adding any new item in the weblist.But some new items need to be add in the weblist you need to again add the new checkpoint. This means your script is not dynamic.
Not Solved
performance problem. If so many checkpoints are used in script then the execution speed will be lower.
Not Solved
Hello friend i want to ask about database check point it doesn't required recording then how will it check our database.And secondly i have some doubts in xml check point so can you please tell me about that.How it works it will help me to get understand.
Not Solved
Hi All,

@usareks: I don't know what made you search for the disadvantages of Checkpoints, whether you wanted to know some or someone in the interview panel asked you this. But as far as i know, automation testing and hence QTP exist because Checkpoints exist. So you can never think of disadvantages of checkpoints, I may be wrong.

@rahul1754: I think I got you Rahul and I would oppose because there is always a way to make your script dynamic. Incase of WebList that you mentioned, I have implemented ways to verify the newly added items to the list. So checkpoints never make your script not dynamic.

@kiran10_rm: If you really want something to be checked(and this is what our motto of testing is), you have to give a checkpoint. We are never ever going to give a checkpoint that we don't need and hence there is no concept of "more checkpoints". Secondly I would prefer Checkpoints over script performance if it really affect performance.

These are my personal opinions and I may be wrong. Please feel free to rectify me if I am wrong.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  check points mrajeshtnl 1 2,383 02-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Last Post: inborntester
  what points make u choose hybrid framework compared to datadriven and keyword aproach riteshnaidu 1 5,351 05-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Last Post: deepaksporty
  Negative Points as QA SrQualityanalyst 2 3,276 04-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Last Post: basanth27