Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
function/sub loading
Not Solved
Hi,
i write functions/subroutines on .txt files, then i load them through test Settings / Resources and I launch scripts recalling them without problems. The question is: if i want to modify these functions/subs, after the updates i am obliged to re-load them in that tab manually? so if i use same functions/subs in many scripts, i must re-load them for each script created?
Is there any functionality which allows to re-load automatically the functions/subs before every launch?
Thanks in advance for every suggestion

PS: i use QTP_8.2
Not Solved
Hi stevol,
I don't think we need to reload a .txt or .vbs file after any updations.
Not Solved
Hi MR21135,
if i don't reload file in tab "Test / Settings / Resources" I don't see changes..

es: in .txt I write a sub as:
Code:
Sub abc ()
   msgbox "ciao"
End Sub
and the script is simply "Call abc ()"

If I modify "ciao" with "bye" (obviously without changing filename and filepath) and I re-launch the script, howewer the popup says "ciao" until I reload the file in the tab mentioned above...
I hope there is some property to set in Options, but I don't know which is :-(
Not Solved
Hi stevol,
Here i tried the same as wat you have explained..
1) i wrote a user-defined function in .txt/.vbs file
2) added the file in test settings
3) called the function from action
4) recieved a pop up as expected wen executed
5) now changed the content in the function
6) again exected with the pop up but the message was the one which i edited.

***note i checked in QTP 9.2, But according to my knowledge in this prospect QTP 8.2 and QTP 9.2 works similarly. sorry if i am wrong
Not Solved
mmhhh... ok, maybe I have understood... if I modify a file with functions/subs loaded on Quality Center, I must close and re-open QTP to see the updates [while with files/scripts on my pc the problem is not present... in my post i had not mentioned Quality Center.. sorry]
Thanks!
Not Solved
I have had a similar issue and I am using QTP 9.5 with function library files on QC. I have to remove the .vbs file from the resources tab and save, then re-add the same file and save before the changes are visible to QTP. I have not found any other way around this issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web page not loading for EBS application when open UFT satyagadam 1 1,619 09-18-2019, 02:30 AM
Last Post: satyagadam
  Loading QRS files at Run time dvkbabu 2 9,824 03-24-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: UrmilaSaha
Exclamation loading time for QTP scripts from QC is too long lotos 7 6,556 05-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Last Post: lotos
  AOM Script for Loading the Automation script into Quality Center directly vangala srinivas 1 2,900 03-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Last Post: sundari.msls