Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to click on tool tip..
Solved: 7 Years, 6 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi,

i have a application which has 5 modules in a menu bar.
when i am trying to store in OR it's adding fine but saving as webelement.
the Web element text for each module will changes every time but the tool tip of the webelement will not change.

I need to click on the tooltip in the menu bar..
please help me out.

Sad
solutions 1:
Hold the control key when adding the object to repository so the object are added correctly. by holding ctrl key u can check the property of Menu item the add them to OR.

solution2:
use mouse over method on menu Item so sub menu items will open.

To click on tool tip use mouse over then "fireevent" click. this might resolve.
Hi Babu,

Thanks for the solution. but my req doesnot match with ur sol..

I have a menu bar which is have 6 modules(If i use object spy the ,enu bar is acting as web element and the Title is empty, If i spyed on the module in the menu bar it is showing the Title)

My Req is i should not add the 6 modules i should add only the menu as a webelement and get all the tool tips of that menu.

because the module text is changing randomly but the tool tip of the module will not get changed so i should click the module by passing the tool tip as parameter and if the tool tip exists in the menu it should clicked else it should return Fail.

-----------------------------

I tried by adding Individually webelements and mousehovering its working--//but not according to my reqs.
in this scenario u can use Virtual object concept...it my 2 cents idea.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to capture tool tip within a web element frebuffi 3 3,525 11-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Last Post: learning_UFT
  Right Click On a Image and Click on a Link in WebElement RameshKrishnan 4 5,134 07-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Last Post: RameshKrishnan
  How do I left click on the right click menu in WinTreeView? RandomGrin 0 3,654 12-22-2012, 04:22 AM
Last Post: RandomGrin
  How do I left click on the Right click menu? RandomGrin 2 3,951 12-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Last Post: RandomGrin
  tool srikanth.gnr 0 1,813 01-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Last Post: srikanth.gnr