Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to force TEST to stop, rather than attempt to restart
Not Solved
QTP10
XP
IE8

This is my test, with no reuseable action. As you can see, it has two reuseable actions within it. Along with closing the browser when all inquires.

Code:
'RunAction "login", oneIteration
RunAction "flight inquires", allIterations
Browser("Flight Reservations").CloseAllTabs'

It runs through this process perfectly runing the first action of login and then to each flight inquiry, then closes the browsers.
To that point, the test results all check out.

BUT, This is what I don't want to happen...
Instead of the TEST ending and offering a 'passed' for results....
It then goes into the Action of 'login' and attempts to want to enter this again even when there isn't even a browser open.Sad
Not Solved
Go to QTP > File Menu > Settings > Run Tab > Choose "Run on Only One Iteration" radiobutton > Apply > OK.

Now re-execute your test & check .
Not Solved
This change did NOT change the previous run. Still has the same result.
Not Solved
I have the same problem Im using QTP 9.5
Not Solved
Check your test flow in keyword view.
Sometimes when you create a new action and make it nested or try to change some properties, you may end up in having the same action call twice in the test flow.If it is duplicated this way, delete the unwanted action call

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Perform some functions whenever QTP Stop button is pressed smartkarthi 2 2,933 08-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Last Post: smartkarthi
  How to stop Second Action Call faheem05 6 3,914 10-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Last Post: faheem05
  QTP doesn't stop after one iteration in ALM11 QTPNewbie 6 6,680 01-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Last Post: anil2u
  How to stop getting values from DataTable after the result passed? Uma 2 3,031 10-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Uma
  Force calculated numbers to have 2 decimal places Brian.Osborne 1 6,438 06-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Vivek Mishra