Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
identification of java window fails
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Dear all,

i have a problem with a qt-script. One of the first steps within this script is the identification of the running java application with the following command:

JavaWindow("Window Name").Exist(1)

In the test results the following is documented then: Object does not exist.

When i start the script the corresponding java aplication is already running.

Interesiting is, that the same script works on other computers.

What can be the problem here?

Best regards,

Oliver

Attached Files
.doc   qtp.doc (Size: 53 KB / Downloads: 61)
This behaviour occurs when the AUT is opened before QTP. Please check if this is the case.
Hi, what is AUT?
AUT = Application Under Test

btw...it's always advisable not to give out your clients/customers name in public directly or indirectly... you must have signed an NDA right?

you can edit your post...
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Hi, this was not the problem. I found out, that the following environment parameter was disabled:

_JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dawt.toolkit=mercury.awt.awtSW -Xrunmicsupp -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mercury Interactive\SharedFiles\JavaAddin\classes\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mercury Interactive\SharedFiles\JavaAddin\classes\mic.jar

the name _JAVA_OPTIONS was written like X_JAVA_OPTIONS. But when i remove the X and activate this enivironment parameter, it is no longer possible to start the AUT. It triggers the error "Could not create java virtual mashine". Could this librarys be the problem?

Best regards,

Oliver

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Click after CheckProperty to a WebElement passed via Function argument fails naruoga 0 1,027 02-28-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: naruoga
Exclamation SAPGuiUtil.Autologon method fails liorde 2 5,556 10-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: liorde
Shy Java Swing application objects identification issue kavithaminu 2 3,162 07-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Last Post: uftuser18
  Test that works in QTP fails in QC msacks 0 1,923 12-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Last Post: msacks
  Is it possible to call Java window and Power Builder Window in 1 Action sbkhbk 0 2,448 06-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Last Post: sbkhbk