Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.net testing, Object not found on object repository error, what am i doing wrong?
Not Solved Question 
I have a webTable named "Binary Id" that i can see using object spy and that i have added to the repository. I have a table thats lists some files that i can download, this table changes from time to time, so i was going to go down table rows and check if all links are valid, but when i run following code i always get this error:

The "Binary Id" WebTable object was not found in the Object Repository. Check the object Repository to confirm that the object exists or to find the correct name for the object. Here is the code that i am using and i will attach a snapshot of the repository, object spy and the error.

In the object spy its inside another table called "Latest RMS Clients" I tried accessing that table also, but no luck, same error. i am not sure what i am doing wrong here, can anyone help.

Code:
With Browser("RMS Login")
    With .Page("RMS Login")
        .WebEdit("username").Set "user"
        .WebEdit("password").Set "coffee23"
        .Image("ImageButtonLogin").Click
    End With

With .Page("RMS by Sage")
        .Frame("nav").WebElement("Bullet4").Click

.Frame("SiteView").WebElement("monitor-1.03.03-04.i386.rpm").Click
    End With
    .Dialog("File Download").WinButton("Cancel").Click

With .Page("RMS by Sage")
    .Frame("nav").WebElement("Bullet4").Click
        With .Frame("SiteView")
            RowCount = .WebTable("Binary Id").RowCount
            For row = 2 To RowCount
                Set RMSLink= .WebTable("Binary Id").ChildItem(2,row,"Link",0)
                If TypeName(RMSLink) = "TextLink"  Then
                    RMSLink.Click()
                End If
            Next
        End With
    End With

.Page("RMS by Sage").Frame("header").Link("Logout").Click
    .Page("RMS Login_2").Sync
    .Close
End With

Attached Files Image(s)

.txt   code.txt (Size: 846 bytes / Downloads: 89)
Not Solved
Can you check mandatory properties of frame siteview(these properties can change) and reply to us?
Not Solved
Here is a snapshot of frame siteview in the repository,
i am not exactly sure what i should be checking for in mandatory properties of frame, but this is what i have
My mandatory property of Frame are
1) html id
2) name
Assistive property of Frame are
1) title
2) html tag
3) url

Do these look right? should i change them?

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
I also tried making it wait before calling the object but that did not help and i have a similar script on another page and that one works w no problems. So i am nothing but puzzled here.
Not Solved
I also notice i have the same problem if i have a webButton that appears multiple times on a page, but inside different tables, in the object spy i can see it inside a table, but when i refer to it i refer to it directly from the frame. And if i try to refer to it like this frame("frame name").webTable("tablename").webButton("Button Name").Click then i get an error. I tried messing around with Object Repository and added onclick property because that was the only thing different between all my buttons, but it still would not be able to find the button. It seems in both cases my problems are related cause in both cases i cannot identity the objects correctly.
Not Solved
Ptreey,
i can really answer if you can send me the sourse code of the page you are accessing and the action that you want to do.
second thing,
you cant webtable can not be a parent of webbutton both are independent of each other.this is the reason for error while using
Code:
frame("frame name").webTable("tablename").webButton("Button Name").Click
Not Solved
Did anyone solve this? I am having a similar issue.

When I try to verify that this a link, called WebLink in my object repository, exists on the page I receive the following error:

The "WebLink" WebElement object was not found in the Object Repository.
Check the Object Repository to confirm that the object exists or to find the correct name for the object.

I have checked numerous times and the object does exist. I can spy it after the test has failed. So why would I receive this error?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object not found during the 2nd iteration of an Action call in a For loop BGunay 0 857 04-23-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: BGunay
  object spy not recognizing object.. pleaseeeee help Sonia Sadeque 3 3,173 12-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ishan.mahajan@adp.com
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,863 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  Intermitent "Object not visible" error erodpr 5 3,284 01-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  When trying to recognize the object in QTP, each object is recognized as “WinObject:S geetasarvadnya 2 3,477 10-28-2015, 12:34 PM
Last Post: vinod123