Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
object required Error
Not Solved
Hi All,
I'm getting Object Required error for the below mentioned code
Code:
For i = 1 to row_cnt
WorkspaceName = Browser("").Page("").Frame("").WebTable("").GetCellData(i,col_cnt)
    If trim(WorkspaceName) = trim(Workspace) Then
        Set Workspace_Chk = Browser("").Page("").Frame("").WebTable("").ChildItem(i,1,"WebCheckBox",0)
        Workspace_Chk.Click
      Exit For
End If
Next

I tried using Wait and object.INIT too but the problem still exist. I have declared the Varible and used Option Explict also in the begining. I'm using QTP 9.5

Thanks in advance for help
Lokesh
Not Solved
At which instance are you getting the error? Is it validating the If clause?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
I see two potential problems, without knowing exactly where it's blowing up as Basanth pointed out.

Our web tables aren't always consistent. i.e., just because row 1 has 6 columns that doesn't mean that row 5 also has 6 columns. I don't think HTML requires you to have the same number of <TD> tags in each row of a table. If table(row,col_cnt) doesn't exist, you'll get an error on the line that does "Trim(Workspace)". I think (but can't remember off the top of my head) that calling CellData(x,y) where x or y is out-of-bounds will result in a QTP error.

The other thing I see that could be a problem is if "Browser("").Page("").Frame("").WebTable("").ChildItem(i,1,"WebCheckBox",0)" doesn't exist. Then you'll get a null reference for "Workspace_Chk". In the next line, when you try to use "Workspace_Chk", you'll get an error. I suggest you do something like "if IsNull(Workspace_Chk) then" and log some error or exit the test.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermitent "Object not visible" error erodpr 5 3,274 01-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Unable to identify "Authentication Required" Dialog shaunysj 2 2,903 08-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  ERROR : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Suyashxp 2 6,939 12-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Last Post: ursprasadp
  code required for the following scenarios krithikaachari 0 2,117 09-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Last Post: krithikaachari
  object required shipu 1 3,838 01-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Last Post: supputuri