Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
object spy - internal properties
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
while we spy an object then we can see two optons Run-time object properties and test objct properties
Test object properties are accessed using GETRO for runtime values
run -time object properties are accessed using object. properties

Here I added the "Checked" property in the objectIdentification for WEBEDIT and then spyed the objects
I am able to see "Checked" propoerty in both option of object spy(i.e run-time object properties and test objct properties )
But the values are differentr
In run-time object properties => Checked = False
In Test object properties => Checked = <NULL/Nothing>

why is it so happening. can anybody help me
actually i hope i have not understood the conccept of Internal properties of the object
Hi Learner1,

Basically you would use GetROProperty to get the value of an object property during runtime, such as the current list/combo item selection, or the text in a WebEdit, or the size of an object (width & height).

The GetTOProperty returns the value of the property from the test object's description, i.e., the value used by QTP to identify the object. If the property is not part of the test object's description, a warning will be issued by QTP.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Thanks

Mahesh
Thanks for the Reply mahesh
i am much satisfied wid the concept u explained

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  object spy not recognizing object.. pleaseeeee help Sonia Sadeque 3 3,173 12-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ishan.mahajan@adp.com
  verify that parent properties match object currently displayed in your application. sona 0 2,945 02-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: sona
  Object Spy window is not getting hidden Neetha 2 2,787 08-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Last Post: balak89
  Object repository losing object properties ishan.mahajan@adp.com 2 3,451 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  Upgraded QTP 11.0 to UFT 11.53, Object Index Properties are varying Raghava M 0 2,080 01-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Raghava M