Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
popup window takes a long time
Not Solved
I am automating a test where you click a button and a new window comes up with a report in it. I go to the window and look for text.

Now everything is working, but when I try to access the popup window there is a delay of about a minute where it just says "running"
Code:
(like if I do a
res=trim(Browser("Report Viewer").Page("Report Viewer").Frame("report").WebElement("WebTable").GetROProperty("innertext"))

report Viewer.Report Viewer.Frame is there, but there is still a delay of like a minute. I didn't put a sync statement.

Any ideas what might be happening?
Not Solved
There is a global timeout defined in the settings. But that cannot be for a minute unless and otherwise set by user. Is there any background processing QTP is busy with? Are you using any function which is probably initializing some object?
Get on to the debug mode and see if that helps.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Nothing is initializaing. It just seems every time it accesses the popup
it takes forever. Same thing happens in debug mode.
===============================
Not Solved
Here is what you could check for,

1. Is smart identification enabled for the popup? If yes, Disable it & try.
2. You could try descriptive programming to construct the hierachy for the popup object and then check if that is time consuming.
3. Use a msgbox Browser("Report Viewer").Page("Report Viewer").Frame("report").WebElement("WebTable").Exist to find out the time taken to identify the object.
4. Dont Give up Smile
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
The message box takes a long time too. It has something to do with the new window I think but I cannot figure out what.
even if I use exist(0). Anybody else having this problem with popup windows?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MyBB how can i automatically click ok button in msgbox popup test 11 24,029 07-12-2022, 11:50 PM
Last Post: akash warke
  Close popup ad windows dustwynn 1 2,750 10-25-2016, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Is it possible to call Java window and Power Builder Window in 1 Action sbkhbk 0 2,442 06-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Last Post: sbkhbk
  QTP Takes Long time to Run prasaad44 4 4,640 04-10-2014, 01:53 AM
Last Post: prasaad44
  select an item from a very long drop down list vijayendra.shukla 0 2,621 12-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Last Post: vijayendra.shukla