Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is native operation of object?
Not Solved
Can anyone please let me know, what is native operation of any test/run time object?

I was reading about this on net. I was not able to understand this from their explanation. Following is the excerpt:

"Native operations are the methods of the object in your application as defined by the object creator."

Can anyone please explain this by giving example of object and its native operation?
Not Solved
Native properties of object come in picture when accessing the DOM.
We can access the native properties & methods of any run time obejct in ur application using the object property.

Code:
set ff=Browser("Google").Page("Google").Object.
For each element in ff.all
    tagname=element.TagName
    innertext=element.innerText
    text=text&"Tagname is: "&tagname&" Inner Text is:  "&innertext
    text=text&vbCrLf

Next
MsgBox(text)
Not Solved
Thanks sshukla12 for the information but what I need is the definition of native operation and why it is called native?

I also need example like:

which operation is native and which is non-native in case of any object (for eg: a button)?
Not Solved
Hi Vijay,

Native properties refers to the internal operation of any run time object.Like setting the focus on txtbox, checking the disabled propety of button.
These native properties are set by the developer at the time of desiging the object and as a automation tester we cann,t access these native properties directly, so we have to use the .object properties to access them.

For button native properties can be:
1)Checked
2) Childnodes
3)Disabled
etc.
Not Solved
Thanks sshukla12 for reply.

Can there be any operation that is non-native for any object?

Please give me example so that I can understand it more easily.

For eg: Click operation can be performed on Button object but how do I know that it is a native/non-native operation?
Not Solved
Can anyone clarify my doubt, It is related to this topic.
"In IE8 Browser, I couldnt get the native properties for Browser"
Browser.object.hwnd --Property is not working.
I'm trying to maximize the browser using the hwnd property

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot retrieve Native property JeL 1 905 07-29-2019, 05:41 PM
Last Post: JeL
  What the Native property value in {} means? JeL 1 780 07-29-2019, 05:34 PM
Last Post: JeL
  The DataTable.ExportSheet operation failed. Invalid file. Niraj 2 5,966 05-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Last Post: babu123
  Excel operation - to find usedrange of rows & col pooja 1 9,368 02-19-2015, 04:06 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Capturing the exact time when an operation is performed. Dilliz 2 2,840 01-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Dilliz