Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone give me some tips to automate tests?
Not Solved
I used the batch runner and I mentioned the following issue:
As the first test updates/inserts values into the global data table to pass it between actions, I think the test becomes an unsaved one after it runs; then when test batch runner tries to go to the next test in the batch, it could not...saying "Unable to close unsaved test".
I checked test run settings.. etc. Is there any way, we can tell the test to save before closing after a run. Or is there any (script) programmatic way to do this.

I guess I was wrong. Probably I clicked something while the batch runner was running the test and it made the test to "unsaved" status.
Actually Batch Runner works great.

Then I asked about the following requirement:
"Sometimes I might have to run one test so many times, every time let the test open a new browser window (should leave the earlier test browser window open). So if I ran the test 10 times, at the end, I will have 10 browser windows open."
Papu wrote a solution:
Soln Req 2:
For this in tools->option->web tab -> 'Advance' option->check the 'browser cleanup' check box under the 'run seting'
Also you can close all the browser programetically after finishing your test steps.(use systemutil.CloseDescendentProcesses() /systemutil.CloseProcessByWndTitle("Internet Explorer")

Actually, the above solution is to close the browser window each time a test session is over. I do not want to close the browser window, and still want the test to use a fresh another one every time it runs, leaving the open window as it is. Is this possible? Like the load testing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can anyone give me some tips to automate tests? - by sepgs2004 - 03-02-2009, 09:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [UFT] Fixed web tests with dynamic parts jdd 3 2,447 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  This code does not give total no of links present on page plz help it returns 0 excellentpawan 8 5,299 01-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Last Post: yogi4tech
  Run Button is not available in QTP 11 - while running tests from QC 11 Kannan R 0 1,775 08-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Kannan R
  cannot open QTP tests learnasugo 8 8,785 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Can i Give Variable in Object name ??? thiyaga 2 3,000 06-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Surya