Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not able to set value from a drop-down box
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago Exclamation 
resubmitted as seperate thread:
SadWe have a simular problem. We are using the record options as we build our automated scripts, and recording the response from the drop-down entries. However, when runing the automated script, it will stop at the Drop-down. If I am using the Run in maintenance mode, I can select the drop-down and then it will accept the entry, and complete the block, and stop at the next drop-down. Once I have done this for the entire repository object. it looks identical to what was originally in the Script. Unfortunately, when I again run the Script with the new changed script it does exactly the same thing stoping at the drop-down stating it can not proceed. It would appear that the Drop-down structure is not recoginzed. In one case I actually used the Set statement to enter the data into the space rather than using the drop-doen, but even this has had limited success since it can not wotk when a drop-down includes s second level dropdown selection. Any Idea how I can get around this problem?
Code:
'
Browser("Browser").Page("Page_3").WebButton("New Initiative").Click
Browser("Browser").Page("Home - Initiative Tracking_2").WebEdit("ctl00$ctl13$UserControlHost1$c").Set "King0004"
'It stops at each of the next steps
Browser("Browser").Page("Home - Initiative Tracking_2").WebEdit("ctl00$ctl13$UserControlHost1$ctl00$txtSubject").Set "Test Tracking System"
Browser("Browser").Page("Home - Initiative Tracking_2").WebList("ctl00$ctl13$UserControlHost1$c").Select "Transition"
Browser("Browser").Page("Home - Initiative Tracking_2").WebEdit("ctl00$ctl13$UserControlHost1$ctl00$txtVendor").Set "SSB"
Browser("Browser").Page("Home - Initiative Tracking_2").WebList("ctl00$ctl13$UserControlHost1$ctl00$ddlLeadTenet").Select "Mitigate"
Browser("Browser").Page("Home - Initiative Tracking_2").WebList("ctl00$ctl13$UserControlHost1$ctl00$ddlInitiativeStage").Select "Unassigned"
Browser("Browser").Page("Home - Initiative Tracking_2").WebEdit("ctl00$ctl13$UserControlHost1$ctl00$txtSeniorPoints").Set "Test Master"
Browser("Browser").Page("Home - Initiative Tracking_2").WebEdit("ctl00$ctl13$UserControlHost1$c_2").Set "Test Procedure"
Browser("Browser").Page("Home - Initiative Tracking_2").WebList("ctl00$ctl13$UserControlHost1$ctl00$ddlSeniorPointsClass").Select "U//FOUO"
Browser("Browser").Page("Home - Initiative Tracking_2").WebEdit("ctl00$ctl13$UserControlHost1$ctl00$txtLongDescription").Set "Long Description of test for Tracking System"
'Updated by test maintenance run

Error received ....
The "ctl00$ctl13$UserControlHost1$ctl00$txtSubject" WebEdit object was not found in the Object Repository.
Check the Object Repository to confirm that the object exists or to find the correct name for the object.

Line (4):
Code:
"Browser("Browser").Page("Home - Initiative Tracking_2").WebEdit("ctl00$ctl13$UserControlHost1$ctl00$txtSubject").Set "Test Tracking System"".

Tip: If the objects in your application have changed, the Maintenance Run Mode can help you identify and update your steps and/or the objects in your repository. This code was created in the Maintenance Run. Sad

Messages In This Thread
Not able to set value from a drop-down box - by EldonKing - 02-10-2011, 08:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not able to set value in application web edit box tanuj dewangan 4 3,478 07-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Last Post: harshadevadas
  Drag and drop issue excellentpawan123 0 2,602 01-13-2015, 05:04 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan123
  Drop down list class is a link thotamurali 2 3,985 08-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Last Post: thotamurali
  Selecting values from drop down using QTP. prempujaripati 2 46,384 06-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Last Post: rasmirani
  issue in drag and drop excellentpawan123 0 2,209 05-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan123