Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi All,

I have been trying to install a flex plugin for QTP 11.0 trial version downloaded from the HP website.

I have tried to go thru some of the information on how to install the plugin. I ended up downloading a Flex plugin which had the following read me instructions:

README:

Short Description of the folder contents:

1.Install_QTP_Plugin.bat - Double click on this bat file to install the Flex & AIR QTP Plugins.
2.Uninstall_QTP_Plugin.bat - Double click on this bat file to uninstall the Flex & AIR QTP Plugins.

3.AIR : This "AIR" Folder contains the following:
1. AIRPluginLogConfigFile.cfg: The configuration file which specifies the details of log enabling while automating the AIR application.
2. SocketPolicyFile.xml: The policy file.
3. TEAAirPluginQTP.dll: The Air plugin dll for QTP
4. TEAFlex_AIR.xml: The environment file for the flex controls in AIR application.

4.Flex : This "Flex" Folder contains the following:
1. TEAPluginIE.dll: The plug-in dll for the Internet Explorer.
2. TEAPluginQTP.dll: The Flex plug-in dll for the QTP.
3. TEAFlexCustom.xml: Sample file to specify the details of the custom component.
4. TEAFlex.xml: The environment file for the flex controls.

How to install QTP plugin for Flex and AIR applications
Double Click on the Install_QTP_Plugin.bat file and restart your machine.

How to unistall QTP Plugin for Flex and AIR applications
Double click onthe Uninstall_QTP_Plugin.bat file.

What the Install_QTP_Plugin.bat does:

Double clicking on the Install_QTP_Plugin.bat installs 2 add-ins
1.Flex:Enabling the Flex and Web add-in in the Add-in Manager screen of QTP will allow automation testing of browser based Flex applications.
2.AIR:Enabling the AIR add-in in the Add-in Manager screen of QTP will allow automation testing of desktop based AIR applications.

Upon following these steps, I was not able to see the flex add in option during start up. Am I missing something? Or is there an alternate way of including the flex plug in.

I have a web based dashboard that has been developed using Flex and wish to run a few automated tests on this dashboard.

Thanks in advance,
Mihir

Messages In This Thread
Installing flex plugin for QTP 11.0 - by mihirjm - 06-30-2011, 06:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing UFT ppbrett 2 2,547 04-17-2015, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Naresh
  QTP 11 Flex 4.5 Unable to Identify Objects krishiyers 1 3,601 12-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Last Post: vds.vipul
  QTP 10IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY AFTER INSTALLING THE PATCH IN WINDOW 7 raka54 1 2,516 09-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Why do we need dot net framework as a pre-requisite for installing qtp? esatysh 1 4,404 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM
  Installing QTP on Mac Sushmi 2 12,763 08-23-2013, 12:44 PM