Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ActiveX component can't create object: 'Excel.application'
Not Solved
Hello All,

I'm a newbie in QTP and scripting. After looking at some examples over internet in accessing excel through VBscript, I started writing code like below

Code:
CreateObject("Excel.Application")

but ended up with the error 'ActiveX component can't create object: 'Excel.application'". I know that the issue is with some missing or unregistered dlls in the system, as I was successful in creating InternetExplorer object.

I'm using Windows 7 Home edition and Microsoft Home 2010 edition. Can someone help me to find the correct dll and the process to registe the same.

Thanks
Not Solved
Hi RGummadidala,
The above method is working for me. No issues..
Have you installed Office 2010 as "Click-to-run"?
Please check this link.
Not Solved
Hi Manish,

In my system, I see that Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 is installed (atleast I see that in control panel). Now, I'm not sure what it is? Should there be any other way the objects need to be created, if that is in 'Click-to-run' and more over, how to check if the apps are actually running as 'Click-to-Run'

Thanks
RGummadidala
Also, I'm working using the "web" add-in. Do I need to check in the box for "Active-X", for this to work.
Not Solved
jest i wrote below four lines of code
it though error ==================
The test run cannot continue due to an unrecoverable error.

ActiveX component can't create object: 'Excel.Application'

Code:
Line (1): "".
==================================
Dim XLApp
   Set XLApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
           XLApp.Visible = True
           Wait(5)
please help me and Guide me

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ActiveX component can't create object: 'JavaWindow' JayeshK 0 1,471 01-07-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: JayeshK
  How to export the output value of a webedit object to a new excel file. mounika6677 1 1,331 04-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Last Post: mounika6677
  Create Terminal as object dapeamel 0 2,961 02-16-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: dapeamel
  verify that parent properties match object currently displayed in your application. sona 0 2,943 02-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: sona
Exclamation URGENT: ActiveX component can't create object citibank_ani 3 15,276 09-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: VarunKaushik