Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checking existence of few fields after a selection made
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Saket, a request, can u share your mail id with me so that we can discuss more on this. Because this a very important part of the application and need to be check anyhow.

I don't have idea how I can check the source code and confirm. I want u to write few lines for me on that.

Suggest....and we'll go accordingly.

Thanks in advance
I had sent you a mail, but did not get any reply. did your issue resolve now?

Hello Saket,

This issue still persists. Actually I regularly checked this thread for some 10-15 days but got no response. So I had quit checking it thinking that I won't be getting any response anymore.

I have sent you a mail in response to your mail. Please check it and let me know.

Thanks,
Prabhat
yes I received your mail, give me sometime I will surely get back you on this.

Hi,

One request from my end. Can you put the solution for this post here itself as because i am also encountering the same problem.
Yes definitely, actually I did not get time to look at it yet. will defnitely be udating the thread on progress.

Just wondering if this could help you - it was too difficult to understand the html you sent Smile .somehow i figured out few things hopefully will get a solution soon. I noticed that may be it could be resolved using object.currentstyle.display

see the part of html below (i have simplyfied it to make it clear)
Code:
<TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=3><SELECT
            onchange="document.MainForm.NCRIdentified.value = this.value;if(this.value=='1'){document.getElementById('ehsNonconformanceGrid').style.display ='inline';document.getElementById('ehsNonconforma=nceGrid').style.visibility = 'visible';} if(document.MainForm.NCRExist.value!='true'){document.getElementById('ehsNonconforman=ceGrid').style.display = 'none';} else{alert('You have already created Nonconformances. To change this selection you must first remove all the Nonconformances.');}"
            name=NCRIdentified_combo ID="Select1"> <OPTION value=1 selected ="selected">Yes<OPTION
              value=2>No</OPTION></SELECT>
you can see here that if Yes is selected then it sets the elements style to 'inline' else 'none'
would you like to try this and let me know if it helps?

Hi Saket,

Thanks for your effort. I am not sure I can do becuase I don't know how to retrieve the source code of a page. But I will definitely try this and let you know.

Thank you again for your time and efforts.
Thats ok, Just try to get the style of webtable you see there for the object which is being hide.
let me know how it goes.

Hi Saket,

I tried "object.currentStyle.display" option for every possible object (WebTable,WebElement,Link) but the values are blank for both the cases for all objects except the Link one.

When I tried this option on Link, the value is "inline" for both the cases It is correct for "Yes" and it should be "none" for "No" option, right??

I tried putting Bitmap checkpoint on the Link, it passed for "Yes" option but run error occured in case of "No" (Since the Link was invisible). Instead of run error, if somehow we can make the checkpoint fail then our problem is solved.

Hope you understand.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weblist selection diya 11 20,538 06-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: rajpradeep32
  Issue related to dropdown selection(Please help urgent) excellentpawan123 2 4,048 05-31-2014, 12:00 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan123
  How to check empty fields? ripchin 1 3,262 05-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  How to mask the particular read only mode fields while capturing screenshot in QTP kalaivanan123 2 3,360 03-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  Payment details fields are getting flushed vimalkamothi 4 3,111 01-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Last Post: vinod123