Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checking existence of few fields after a selection made
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Yes that is excellent, I should have think that way earlier. what is the error, do you get any description for the error.
also I think if you can try using virtual object and try to find its existance, may be this can also work in this case.

I have attached the screenshot of the run error as well as the code.

Yesterday I was trying with virtual object but not able to use it.

Attached Files Image(s)

To get rid from this error use "On Error Resume Next" and use Err object to get the error number (Err.Number) and if it is not equal to zero then make it fail.

By using bitmap checkpoint you are able to slove the existance of the links in that page.

But my question is that if you select "No" option and perform some click event operation on the link still you are redirecting to the new page. How you are controling this operation?
Hi Anirban,

@On Error Resume Next : I used this one and able to make the decision about the existence of Link but in the Result Summary, a fail message is being shown since the bitmap checkpoint is failing which I don't want to show. So can it be possible to show only 2 Pass messages, one is for "Yes" option that will come when the checkpoint will pass and another is for Link invisibility which I'll report.

@Click event on Link : For the time being I am not handling that part. I only need to check both the options of the WebList.

Thanks
Hi Prabhat,

In that case you can use the Reporter.Filter property for not showing the failed one.

On Error Resume next

Code:
Reporter.Filter = rfDisableAll

blnVal = Object.Check (CheckPoint(""))

If (blnVal) Then

Reporter.Filter = rfEnableAll

Reporter.ReportEvent micPass, "Pass", ""

Else

Reporter.Filter = rfDisableAll

Reporter.ReportEvent micFail, "Fail", ""

End If

Reporter.Filter = rfEnableAll

On Error GoTo 0
Hi Anirban,

Thanks. After 25 posts, ultimately got a decent solution.

Thank you very much Saket for all your efforts and time.
Hi,

i also faced the same issue in our application. Have u got any solution for this issue? I overcome the issue by checking the x and y coordinate. if u r having the application then u can try with the x and y coordinate. For nonvisible objects x coordinate will come as zero.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weblist selection diya 11 20,539 06-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: rajpradeep32
  Issue related to dropdown selection(Please help urgent) excellentpawan123 2 4,048 05-31-2014, 12:00 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan123
  How to check empty fields? ripchin 1 3,262 05-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  How to mask the particular read only mode fields while capturing screenshot in QTP kalaivanan123 2 3,360 03-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  Payment details fields are getting flushed vimalkamothi 4 3,111 01-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Last Post: vinod123