Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desktop Application Issue
Not Solved
Hi Basanth,
I am working on a Desktop Application, i recorded Scenario 1, thats for Login Screen, i entered Email Address & Password...
QTP is recording it, it successfully.
but when em running it, it shows the error (please find in attachment)
I guess email Address is not an object thats why its not capturing.
please help me to fix it out.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Are there 2 versions of the same app?

If not, close qtp, the app and open QTP first then the app and then execute. it is just an issue with object identification is my guess.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi Shama,

Try identifying the object using html id, html tag and class. Remove innertext/outertext if it is selected for object identification.
Not Solved
Hi Basanth,
No two versions.
em adding it up in that window application tab. em not opening it, when i used to click at Record Button, it opens Login by itself.
as you can see in attached screen shot. thanks
Help please

Hi Manish,
Thanks for your response. how to identify objects using html tag n class?? i could not get it, please guide me in some detail.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Shama -
Try these steps,
1. With the application open, execute the script. What happens?

If it works, then introduce a wait between the app being opened and the first statement of your script.

2. If it does not work, Go to the object repository, with the application open, select the winobject and say "highlight in the application". Does it highlight?

3. Have you executed as soon as it was recorded?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Basanth,
1. Same Error

2. when i click on object repository, add to local and em adding up opened application, it gonna added as Running Window but still when em executing it Error Sad

3. Yeap i have executed as soon as it was recorded but its not working
Sad
Help please...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to deploy a desktop application to a physical server using Azure Pipelines? raivivan 0 934 04-08-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: raivivan
Shy Java Swing application objects identification issue kavithaminu 2 3,177 07-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Last Post: uftuser18
  QTP 9.0 supports WPF based .NET desktop application. nagarajkv 1 2,526 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Last Post: hiregoudar
  Selection of sub menu in Windows Desktop application Shilpa859 0 2,279 10-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Shilpa859
  "Object not visible" when running desktop link RandomGrin 2 4,233 12-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Last Post: RandomGrin