Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between "Set" and "Type"
Not Solved
Hello,

i just did a little google about the difference between these two, so i do have a little insight about what these two do, but my question is a little extended.

i'm trying to write a specific file name in file download dialog box in Win - 7 using IE 8 . but two different machines. one machine is supporting both methods, where as the other machine is only accepting "Type" method.

could someone please tell me why is this happening, and how can i really know under the similar conditions, when to use "type" and when to use "set"?

Thank you.
Not Solved
"type" simulates the keyboard input (typing a word using key after key), "set" replace the current value within your edit-field with the value of your choice.

Regards,
Sankalp
Not Solved
yes but you didn't understand my question here, "Set" is working for me on one machine when i set a location & filename in download dialog box while downloading a file. but the very same code with "Set" method doesn't work on other same operating system machine. i'd to use "Type" to make it work there... why is this difference occurring ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to set the Start date for SwfCalendar control-using SetDate or Type method mahbub798 0 2,545 03-23-2014, 05:28 AM
Last Post: mahbub798
  Difference between RFT & QTP? SweetyChowdhury 18 19,907 08-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Last Post: nana1355
Sad Type Mismatch Error Occurs On Files Known To Work. mrerek 0 2,298 08-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Last Post: mrerek
  Difference Between Select Case and If...Else Statement MR21135 2 13,766 01-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Last Post: MR21135