Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error message while running the qtp scripts.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago

.doc   QTP.doc (Size: 161.5 KB / Downloads: 103) The following steps I have done in my company and faced the error.
1) Installed .NET Framework 2.0
2) Installed QTP9.2
3) My application is windows based application.
4) I have kept the application on “D:\”path.
5) I have made one folder “D:\QTP” path to store the results.
6) In the “Help” section of this “Run Error”, I have the following details.
“Run Error: Cannot identify object
This error indicates that there is no object in the current view of the application that matches the description saved in the object repository for the object.
This error occurs in one of two basic situations:
• The object is not (or not yet) displayed in the application at the time of the error.
• The object is present, but the description in your application has changed so that it no longer matches the test object description that Quick Test is using to identify the object.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,
Since its a .NET application that is being tested (assumed this coz the screenshot show the object as WindowsForms10.EDIT), first and foremost, check if the .NET addin is installed. If it is installed, then there is a known issue where QTP tends NOT recognize the .NET objects if the settings under 'Record and Run Settings for Windows Applications' is set to 'Record and Run Only on' Option. Instead change the option to Record and Run test on any open Windows-based application and then try recognizing the objects. The Objects will be recognized with Prefix starting with 'SWF' i.e., instead of Windows(Streme: Login) it will be SwfWindow("Streme Login").

Hope this helps.
Thanks
MV

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help for instruction to click on Skip button in the warning message vijilesh 0 1,357 09-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Last Post: vijilesh
  Issue in running Scripts on Edge browser Deepa_m 0 1,534 12-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Deepa_m
  AOM script is running only one or two scripts. jramya 4 3,833 07-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: jramya
  recovery scenario for closing a message box itself ashima 0 2,129 12-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ashima
  Running QTP scripts while host computer is locked jreelest 5 7,710 10-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Anand Saboo