Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can a object added to object repository before they exist in the application !!
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
How can a object added to object repository before they exist in the application?

Can it be done as below is the excerpt that I read somewhere on net and got confused as to how it can be done?

"because it is possible to add objects to the object repository before they exist in an application, it is possible to begin preparing our automated keyword-driven tests even before a software build containing the new objects is available."
Hi Vijay,

Resource --> Object Repository Manager --> Open your current Object repository (if you have one)
Then click on
Object --> Define New Test Object...

Now you can add the object with desired object name and properties.

Let me know if you need any more information.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Thanks supputuri for the information. But for that, I need to know the properties and values of the object beforehand but as a tester, how do I know that (devs would only be knowing what object values and properties thay will be using for the run time object)..that is my actual query.

Sorry for not being clear earlier.
Hi,

For that you need to actually ask developer following things.

1. Which is the front end they are using
2. Coding technology (Dot Net, JAVA, Flex etc.)
atleast a demo page should be ready before starting on automation.
3. object descriptions etc.
4. More over use descriptive programming to define your object and you can get the object description required, from developer or if you have access to Visual Studio then open the class and front end take the object desription.

Hope this helps
Thanks Tarik. I got my answer that we can create the object by giving property values to it..Smile
Hi,
I am working in Flex and QTP 9.5. the flex application performance is very slow in automation execution when compared to manual testing... is there any solution for speed up the execution? or speed up the application. moreover it takes 5minutes for recognizing each object.
when you try to create the objects before its exist, you need lot of solid referance from dev or techical design doucuments/ UI Design document. It takes lot of reworks if its not anticipated properly. its better idea to create prototypes level of objects and implement codes. later you can do object mapping once the application got ready bu descriptive or repository.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exist and Visible Are True When Objects Aren't There - Is there A Better Way? zunebuggy 3 2,709 04-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Time Delay issue with Exist mv8167 11 23,956 06-19-2017, 02:56 PM
Last Post: grosorg
  object spy not recognizing object.. pleaseeeee help Sonia Sadeque 3 3,165 12-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ishan.mahajan@adp.com
  Do we need object repository?? subhashinid 0 1,854 07-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: subhashinid
  verify that parent properties match object currently displayed in your application. sona 0 2,937 02-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: sona