Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to run recorded script on Production server
Not Solved
Hello,

I am using QTP 10.0. I want to know that how can i use same script on Test server as well as Production server. Both server URLs are different.

Example:

Test server: http://testserver/ApplQA

Production server: http://www.Application.com

I got below error when i tried to run script on Production server.

Error: "The object was not found in the Object Repository. Check the object repository to confirm the object exists."
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Not Solved
Ideally there shouldn't be any problem while running your scripts on different instances of same application. Find out exactly which property value is different between two versions, see if you can parametrize them or change them to reg ex...
If nothing works have conditional statement for these objects whereby the value should be picked depending upon the instance on which you are running the script.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Can you provide me sample code for "If...Then..End If" Statement.

The problem is that I recorded my script on Production server and then try to run on Test Server by editing the URL part of the script then QTP throws an error telling that OR does not have object for Test server URL. so we need to do something to add those objects in OR for Test server.

Also Test server applicaiton pages will have all URLs pointing to Test URL so here also things will change. It is not just matter of first line of the script where URL is specified. How to handle that?

Thanks,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to send/pass UFT Run Error Dialog as output value to main driver script lravi4u 0 338 11-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: lravi4u
  How do you Change Run mode mid script? Caleytown 6 6,528 03-25-2021, 08:27 AM
Last Post: RB26578
  SystemUtil.Run is not getting recorded divyan 1 1,668 08-31-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  SystemUtil.Run method is not getting recorded pupuns2 5 7,796 05-12-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Angeliks
  How to identify an error page occurring in server in between the qtp run. aswini 1 1,644 05-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Ankur