Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Object Method in QTP
Not Solved
Hi,

I am new to QTP and want to learn how do we use the .object method in QTP. I have seen many people using the .object method however have not been able to understand how to use it.

Eg: SwfWindow("****".Swfobject("****").Object.

Thanks
Shell
Not Solved
object method can be used to access runtime object properties and can have propertis like font, color etc..
e.g if you need to retrieve the background color or font name used for your test object then you will have to use object method as you cannot use GetROProperty method here.
you will have to use something like.. <Your Test OBject>.object.currentstyle.backgroundColor
or .Object.Currentstyle.fontfamily

I am sure you can find some example here, try searching this forum.
you may refer https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/Thread-H...ject.style

Not Solved
Thanks for the reply Saket.
Can you please let me know where do we get the object properties from as in where to find the properties that are supoorted by the .object method.

Thanks
Shell

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  click each web link in a page using Index or other method in QTP smeijer 13 23,662 04-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: kowshik
  cannot use the type method on object and submit is not working jove1776 5 8,377 01-27-2015, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Parke
  Object doesn't support this property or method: 'webedit' Divya Roopa 3 9,684 03-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  Error object doesnt support this property or method seerick 7 7,507 06-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Last Post: seerick
  Object doesn't support this property or method: sia sharma 2 3,903 07-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Shridevi.Salagare