Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'webedit'
Not Solved
Hi,
Im getting the below error when im trying to enter a text in Email id text field.Can any one please help me.Im a beginner to QTP.

Object doesn't support this property or method: 'webedit'

Code:
Line (11): ".webedit("name:=login","htmltag=INPUT").Set("xxx")".
Not Solved
Probably it should be,

Code:
htmltag:=INPUT
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi Basanth,
Thanks for the reply.For the below code i could see the text displayed in the text field sometimes whereas sometimes it throws the below error.Can you suggest me why i could run succesfull sometimes and why not sometimes.Thanks in Advance
Code:
Systemutil.Run("http://www.yahoomail.com")
With browser("title:=Sign.*")
    With .page("title:=Sign.*")
         .WebEdit("name:=login","htmltag:=INPUT").Set "xxx"
         .WebEdit("name:=passwd").Set "yyy"
         .webbutton("name:=Sign In").Click
    End With
End with

Cannot find the "[ WebEdit ]" object's parent "[ Browser ]" (class Browser). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Code:
Line (4): ".WebEdit("name:=login","htmltag:=INPUT").Set "xxx"".

Tip: If the objects in your application have changed, the Maintenance Run Mode can
help you identify and update your steps and/or the objects in your repository.
Not Solved
Probably there is more than one webedit of the same property you have defined. Try to add a different unique property between the webedits.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  File Chooser on Chrome doesn't work - UFT 15.0.1 Nenna Rosa 1 3,306 10-31-2020, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  How to export the output value of a webedit object to a new excel file. mounika6677 1 1,330 04-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Last Post: mounika6677
  [UFT] Change property of object (WpfButton) robertosalemi 2 2,487 11-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  To retrieve content of a WEBEDIT object alpha1 2 2,409 06-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Uft 12 - Identification of Google Chrome Object's Property value as plain text teja2730 0 2,456 02-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: teja2730