Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object Spy not capturing objects correctly
Not Solved
I am new to QTP 10, WinXP, Web, VB, and the ActiveX addins & IE6

I am attempting to step thru the Online Tutorial, however, I am unable to get the Object Spy tool to capture the smaller objects on the Test website correctly. It only want to capture the Window Object and not the User Name Object.

I have tried several things without success including, downgrading back to IE 6, reinstalling the QTP, starting from scratch in the tutorial, w/o success.
Also I have open the webpage first then QTP and vice versus. I have an issue where IE will quit unexpectically and will not reopen unless I shut down QTP first. So I am unable to test launching IE after the launch of QTP.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Karen

Not Solved
can you please send the screen shot to explain your problem?
Not Solved
Hello Karen, I had the same problem. Many people have reported a similar issue. I believe this reveals a serious shortcoming on the part of HP software. When you are doing the VERY FIRST ITEM in the tutorial, it should work, according to the directions in the tutorial, right? This does not give me a lot of confidence in HP's own testing and documentation process.

Nevertheless, this link should hopefully solve your problem:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Ope...d-p/415137

If you are still having a problem with IE quitting unexpectedly when QTP is loaded, it sounds like you may have a problem with your windows installation. You may need to re-install windows, as well as following the steps outlined in the above forum post.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Collecting Objects And Object State At Runtime zunebuggy 3 1,523 11-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  object spy not recognizing object.. pleaseeeee help Sonia Sadeque 3 3,161 12-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ishan.mahajan@adp.com
  Object Spy window is not getting hidden Neetha 2 2,775 08-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Last Post: balak89
  Capturing a value in a webtable EK21 4 4,162 08-21-2015, 01:08 AM
Last Post: EK21
  Need help in capturing the Calculator result using QTP 11 vishruth143 0 2,000 01-20-2015, 11:08 AM
Last Post: vishruth143