Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object not found
Not Solved
Hello,

I have a problem with the object identification.

I am working working with a shared object repository and I am adding the object manual via object spy.

First, let me explain the webapplication which i want to test. I have a login:

Code:
SystemUtil.Run "iexplore.exe",exampleurl
With Browser("XY").Page("XY")
    .WebEdit("USER").Set user
    .WebEdit("PASSWORD").SetSecure password
    .WebButton("Sign-in »").Click
End With

After the login I am going on with clicking a link:
Code:
Browser("XY").Page("XY").Link("ZZ").Click

The result is, that a new browser window appears, now I have two open ie browser with an unique title.
Up to this point everything works fine and in the test result all steps are marked as passed. Now I want to click a link in the new browser window, I think QTP has a problem to handle with popup window. QTP dont found the corresponding object allthough it is located in the shared repository. And all properties are correct. I have checked it multiple times!

In Tools->Object Identification I have the following settings for Web-> Browser:
Mandatory Properties: name,openurl,title,visible,openendbytestingtool
ordinal idetifier: creation time

It would be grateful if anybody can help me with my problem.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Hi,
U have mentioned that 2 ie browser are open with unique title. Are u using the correct navigation to locate the object. Please check because I am not facing any such issue while handling the same scenario in my application.

Regards,
Sankalp
Not Solved
yes I have both browsers in my shared repository with their title etc. And I am using the correct navigation to locate it.
a additonal comment to my problem : it is confusing because sometimes it works and every step is marked as passed, then i am runing it again , and qtp doesn´t found the object from the second window.
Not Solved
Hi,
I never faced this types of issues in the Popup window,
Do one thing, Highlight the popup window by using this code,
Code:
Browser("creationtime:=0").Highlight
If its highlight the popup window, it means popup window identifying, You can perform playback operation on the controls available on popup window.

Note: May the objects of Silverlight popup not supported.

Regards,
Munna Sarfraz
Not Solved
@ Munna thanks for the code snippet, the FIRST browser is highlighted.
What is the issue that it sometimes works and sometimes not? I dont understand why the following lines of code actuate a warning in the test result that the object is not found.

Sorry what did you exactly mean with "You can perform playback operation on the controls available on popup window"
Not Solved
At the moment everthing works correctly on MY machine.. now when my workmate is trying to run my test on HER machine, the step with the second browsers actuates a warning.. what happens here?
Not Solved
you did not mentioned clearly what is the exact problem
Not Solved
when i am going to execute the test on my machine all objects are used from the associated shared repository and in the test result all steps are marked as passed..but when my workmate is going to execute exactly the same test on her machine, qtp didn´t find all objects allthough they are stored in the shared repository. qtp didn´t find the objects down to the step when a window pop up appears.
Not Solved
By using GetROProperty get the property value of the required property which you want use while writing the script. Use the property value while running it May this will solve the problem
Not Solved
use descriptive program method so that you can salve that problem

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Action was not found" error. What to do? ttralor 2 5,835 05-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Highlight the Found text in Word/notepad Sivakumar2186@gmail.com 2 3,464 10-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Last Post: BadrinarayananR
  The operation failed. An object could not be found. kotaramamohana 1 3,652 08-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Last Post: anil2u
  I found my way to set up QTP, but is it a good way? ttralor 1 2,420 01-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Ankesh
Wink Recovery scenario for page not found. chetan-24 0 2,355 12-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Last Post: chetan-24