Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP not recognizing SelectBox Object
Not Solved
Hi All,

I got stuck at some point while using QTP, am summarizing it below.

While recording in QTP 9.2 if I click on list box, QTP generating the step as a WebEdit instead of generating WebList.

I have written descriptive programming to select the particular option in that list box as
ex :
Code:
weblist(“Weblistename”).Select”OptionName”
but here if I wrote like this it showing error message as that option name which is present in the list box it not in the Object Repository.

After that I added that List box to Object Repository & written some script like below:
Code:
Browser(“Name”).Page(“Name”).WebEdit(“FieldName”).Click
Browser(“Name”).Page(“Name”).WebEdit(“FieldName”).FireEvent”OptionName”
With this descriptive programming when I run the QTP it showing Test is done, but in UI screen the option which I have selected in FireEvent, that’s not viewing in that Field picklist.
In UI screen the option I have selected in FireEvent, that not viewing and its not taking that option under count.

Can anyone Suggest me the solution for this..

Thanks in Advance,
Swethu
Not Solved
Hi,
ITs good once you record the scritp again
and be sure that wehat you specified the object proerties in the script match the properties in the application too.
Not Solved
Hi Swethu confirm with your developers about whether they used any Ajax controls on the form. If they used on it, it will look like Weblist but actually its a Webedit. So treat as Webedit and continue your Testing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP not recognizing date calendar kQTPs 1 3,455 12-20-2017, 11:21 PM
Last Post: harikrishna
  object spy not recognizing object.. pleaseeeee help Sonia Sadeque 3 3,171 12-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ishan.mahajan@adp.com
  QTP 11 not recognizing WPF objects in Windows 7 32 bit system Pallavi 1 3,296 06-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP recognizing Oracle forms as Java objects shankar.srini88 0 4,393 03-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Last Post: shankar.srini88
  QTP not recognizing the fancy box-item sxavierraj 1 2,326 03-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Last Post: guin.anirban