Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing Java Web Start applications via QTP!!
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Shy 
Hi Folks,

I usually do my testing using perl scrips but I now have to test a website that pushes a Java Web Start application on the desktop.

As it turns out, perl does not seem to have modules that support recognizing Java applications.

I am currently doing a survey of tools and Abbot came to mind. That being said, I know that QTP does have a Java plugin. Can I use the Java plugin to test the Java Web Start application?

Many thanks for your help. If the answer it yes (which I think it would be), then I can go ahead and read up the QTP literature.

Thanks,
- Oskar
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Yes you can use Java plugin to test Java Web Start Applications.

Make sure that you have the JWS version which is supported by QTP. QTP 9.5 provides support till 1.5.x version. You can get the support info in the 'Read Me' file.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi Ankur,

Thanks again for the info.

We have QTP 9.2 at work but I suspect that it should be fine.

I don't know the java version used to build the JAWS application. (It is a 3rd party app that we have no control over). But I went in and tried to record a script on the app via QTP and it QTP seemed to pick up the GUI objects. So I suspect I should be ok.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replay Start Error Bhuvana 0 811 01-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Bhuvana
  Web Testing and Unexpected Server Errors zunebuggy 0 1,166 01-24-2018, 11:41 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
Smile Very Complex Web Testing zunebuggy 1 1,381 11-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  "How to automate SAP Applications using QTP" suresz449 9 22,600 09-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Shiva Kumar
  Automate BMC Control M applications using QTP Saranyaciet2 0 2,630 05-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Saranyaciet2