Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to capture text using check point
Not Solved
My problem is I have a internal url where all the values are stores as strings but not objects.I am trying to capture that value and store it in data table.But it always takes as '0'.I am using text check point to capture the value.

Please look at the script
Code:
Browser("HM | Home").Navigate "http://qa2/templates/templateViewer.jsp?todo_id=737661037"---internal environment url

Browser("HM | Home").Page("Called Denise Hewitt_2").Link("Click here").Click --- clicking on a link in the page

Browser("HM | Home").Navigate "http://qa1.abcd.com/devTools/sessionDump.jsp?writetodb"--another internal environment url to capture an id Please see the screen shot how the page looks

Browser("HM | Home").Page("Session Dump").Output CheckPoint("Session Dump") ---its a page with out objects,just want to capture a value(entity id from the screen shot.What i did is highlighted tht value and inserted check point on it.but it is not working.

Attached is the screenshot and values are displayed.I am capturing entityid from the screenshot.I selected that value and inserted text checkpoint.

Any thoughts on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks in Advance

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Is there any other object after the page ?? I mean to ask, are the strings when spyed show you a object of any class ?

If you do a check checkpoint what happens ? Do you get any error messages ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to capture value of Webelement which is changing dynamically sheetal 9 15,638 02-16-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: janki_kakadia
  Need to Validate Text filed is blank after clicking on the Text box balak89 3 4,543 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  Capture Value through Text Checkpoint and compare with datatable value hamzaz 2 4,446 03-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Last Post: mallika.g
  QTP standard check point Error? Ramadas 0 2,159 10-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Ramadas
  I am trying to extract text from a webelement but it is generating blank text scenari excellentpawan 2 4,288 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan