Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing performance tests using QTP 9.2?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Question 
What if I want to put a threshold value on each step and interrupt/terminate my performance test with a failure status if that threshold has been exceeded ???

Can anyone elaborate on how to achieve this using QTP 9.2 ??
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Your requirement is achieveable. But i am unsure if this will suffice or aid your object. The reason i say is because you use the word " performance" which qtp virtually supports. I wouldnt suggest you monitor performance with qtp.

Answer to ur qn would you for you to use the timer keyword or transaction(qtp help) and then calculalte the threshold and use exit test to stop the test or reporter event to report the results per your need.

Your requirement is achieveable. But i am unsure if this will suffice or aid your objective. The reason i say is because you use the word " performance" which qtp virtually supports. I wouldnt suggest you monitor performance with qtp.

Answer to ur qn would be for you to use the timer keyword or transaction(qtp help) and then calculalte the threshold and use exit test to stop the test or reporter event to report the results per your need.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [UFT] Fixed web tests with dynamic parts jdd 3 2,434 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Writing to Run time data table Neetha 5 11,634 08-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Writing values to DataTable chewbecca 2 2,956 04-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Last Post: chinnikrishna
  Performance Issues Using '.Exist' AndyBSG 2 3,131 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: AndyBSG
  Reading and writing is the same text file poulomi21b 2 5,796 07-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Last Post: poulomi21b