Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
querry about automation framework
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
When we are using QTP, it is obvious that we are using "keyword driven" testing. And if we use "parameterization" we are using "data driven testing". So is it necessary to design new "automation framework" before automating test cases.
Also, i have downloaded "quality center" software ( trial version) from HP download center, but not able to open the qc.
Please give me suggestions regarding above querries of mine.

Thanks.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Sorry, You got most of your stuff wrong. It is not obivious to use "Keyword Driven" framework. Every organization evaluates the framework according to the need and necessity depending upon the AUT.

Yes, it is very essential to have a framework before you begin automating. Have you ever begin manual testing without a test plan ?? Do we build house without a foundation ? If either of the answer is Yes, then you dont need a framework Smile

Please open a new thread for your other question related to QC, with screenshots and the exact error you are facing.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Automation Framework for Oracle Apps sachin.khot 1 2,294 08-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Last Post: sshukla12
  Automation of CCF(customer care framework) using QTP omkarsingh 1 2,299 05-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Ankur
Smile Framework for multilingual website automation anilverma.070 7 6,553 09-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Last Post: kishoreinchennai
  keyword driven automation framework MVChowdary 0 2,234 08-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Last Post: MVChowdary