Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
testing of web page having dynamic product
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

how can i test a web page on which its products are changing daily . i.e at the time of recording - product exist but next day it is removed which results in script failing at the time of execution next day

regards
rajmc
You should use descriptive programming to overcome such issue.
search this forum and refer article Descriptive Programming Simplified for help on DP.

Please explain more the exact scenario with your lines of code, it will help us to help you Smile

Hi Ankur ,

Problem is that i need to test existence of web page say Product page where my all the product exist

I have created a script on product page of my web site to check the existence of a product . initially it was running fine till the time product exist. But some how that product is been removed from the product page and script failed .

Is there any way that if any product doesn't exist on the product page then the script should work as there are other products exists on the product page?

If i send you the code then it consists of the URL should i remove the URL and then send it to you ?

Regards
Rajmc
The problem could be solved by a simple check function. All your products name can reside in -say- a datatable.

Yeah you can put up the code here. Make sure to put it inside code tags by hitting 'Preview Post' button.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
There are 2 concepts you need to learn,

1. Exist Method
2. If then Else loop.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web Testing and Unexpected Server Errors zunebuggy 0 1,166 01-24-2018, 11:41 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
Smile Very Complex Web Testing zunebuggy 1 1,381 11-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  click each web link in a page using Index or other method in QTP smeijer 13 23,673 04-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: kowshik
  [UFT] Fixed web tests with dynamic parts jdd 3 2,441 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  VB Script to count number of links in a web page. Suma Parimal 4 24,755 07-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: govind