Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
warning when using waitProperty
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Guys, i am new to QTP. i am trying to execute the following script but its throwing me a warning message.

Code:
Browser("Yahoo! Mail: The best").Page("Yahoo! Mail: The best").WebButton("Sign In").Click
Browser("Yahoo! Mail: The best").Page("Yahoo! Mail: The best").WebEdit("login").WaitProperty "text", "Inbox", 30000
Browser("Yahoo! Mail: The best").Page("(0 unread) Yahoo! Mail,").WebElement("Sign Out").Click

Please let me know (in detail if possible) what is wrong with this script.

Also, where can i look at the detailed error messages/warnings? Does QTP generate any kind of log files where i can look for the details.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks
Hi,

You used "Text" as a property name however WebEdit does not have any such property.

The syntax for the waitProperty is:
Code:
object.WaitProperty (PropertyName, PropertyValue, [TimeOut])
An Example:
Code:
If Browser("index").Page("index").WebEdit("Account").WaitProperty("disabled", 0) Then
    Browser("index").Page("index").WebEdit("Account").Set ("123")
End If
Use "value" instead of "text"

Code:
Browser("Guidewire PolicyCenter").Page("Guidewire PolicyCenter").Frame("Login Frame").WebEdit("username").Set "myinbox"
Browser("Guidewire PolicyCenter").Page("Guidewire PolicyCenter").Frame("Login Frame").WebEdit("username").WaitProperty "value", "myinbox", 3000
Tried doing that too but still i get a warning message. But when i insert a checkpoint and run the step as stand alone i dont get a warning message.

Code:
Browser("Yahoo! Mail: The best").Page("Yahoo! Mail: The best").WebButton("Sign In").Click
Browser("Yahoo! Mail: The best").Page("Yahoo! Mail: The best").WebEdit("login").WaitProperty "Value", "Inbox", 3000
Browser("Yahoo! Mail: The best").Page("(0 unread) Yahoo! Mail,").WebElement("Sign Out").Click
By the way, what error message you are getting?

Try put wait(20) before WaitProperty Line and see if it helps.
Code:
wait(20)
Browser("Yahoo! Mail: The best").Page("Yahoo! Mail: The best").WebEdit("login").WaitProperty "Value", "Inbox", 3000

If it does help it means object was not available, try to enclose WaitProperty with IF-END use Exist method:

Code:
If Browser("Yahoo! Mail: The best").Page("Yahoo! Mail: The best").WebEdit("login").Exist 30000
End If

If Brow

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help for instruction to click on Skip button in the warning message vijilesh 0 1,355 09-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Last Post: vijilesh
  Help Waitproperty or Checkproperty with micGreaterThan() Code typhoon23 1 1,870 08-23-2017, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  WaitProperty does not refresh the object (WebNumber) cantorre 0 1,498 05-10-2017, 06:21 AM
Last Post: cantorre
  [UFT] WpfTable and WaitProperty with RowCount robertosalemi 0 1,849 11-23-2016, 10:55 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  Synchronization using waitproperty Nisha 1 2,190 10-29-2016, 09:20 AM
Last Post: supputuri