Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clean old calls to external actions - that is not used anymore - from test
Not Solved Question 
I use QTP 9.0 and have one "master" test file where I don't have any actions, but only make calls to actions placed in other QTP test files. I decided to change the names of all my test files which lead to that I had to make new calls to existing actions in the master test file (and remove the old calls).

However, even after I removed all the old calls I get a "Missing resources" box when I open the master test file. Do you know why this message appear even when there are no calls to these actions?

Also - in the master test file - I can see old external reusable actions (that the test has called long time ago, i.e. not the actions above) in the "External actions" section of the Action drop-down menu above the scripting window. I.E. the window which holds all actions and calls made in the test. The DataTables for these old actions also remains in the test file. How can I "clean" the test from these ActionCalls/DataTables?

(Edit: added the word "calls" to the subject and made some clarifications in the text, but it's still the same questions)
Not Solved
I have found out by myself how to remove the action calls from the "Missing Resources" window. You double-click on the item/action in the "Missing Resources" list and then click on the item in the window that appear. After that you either locate the missing resource or delete it by pressing one of the icons that after the click appeared at the right hand side of the window. When this is done the "Missing resource" window doesn't appear anymore.

But my second question still remain; how do I remove old External Actions from still appearing in the drop-down menu (and their DataTables) even since their calls have been removed a long time ago.
Not Solved
Hi,
To remove any action from the test go to keyword view and highlight the action and right click and delete.If you do like this only the RunAction is going to delete from the code.
So Alwayd do like this to delete a action.
Not Solved
Okay, maybe this is not the way that the actions was removed, it's possible that they code row of the action/call in ExpertView was deleted. But is there a way to delete the action calls now afterwards? Since they have been removed from the test they are not appearing neither in the Keyword view nor in the code in ExpertView.

As I wrote before, the action's DataTables also still remains and I can't find a way to remove them in the DataTable view in order to see if it's the DataTables that makes the actions still appear in the drop-down-menu.
Not Solved
I would like to re-phrase my question:

In which ways - except for via action calls specified in the script code in Expert view -can external Actions (and the DataTables in these external actions) connect/relate/refer to a QTP test file?

(Edit: Some text clarifications)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using external data source for multiple actions Neetha 0 1,681 10-26-2015, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Neetha
  How to call Actions from other Actions Naresh 1 7,692 09-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  External component has thrown an exception. mharps 1 6,946 05-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Last Post: mharps
  How to run 3 of 5 actions in a test for all rows of test data mharps 1 2,744 04-10-2014, 04:26 AM
Last Post: mharps
Question Automating with external datasource sumitbisht 0 1,795 08-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Last Post: sumitbisht