Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot identify Windows (Putty) object in QTP - Error
Not Solved
Hi All,
Its been a week since I started learning QTP.
Here is my doubt
I tried to record the operations done in Putty - (Giving username,password and typing a command in prompt). I was able to record but while running it got stucked with just opening the putty window and not typing anything (Username/pw & the prompt). I did not install any TE AddIns.
It was throwing an error after some time - "cannot identify Windows-Putty object......" error
But when the same thing is tried in my Colleague's qtp it worked. We all installed together without TE ADD Ins.

I do not know why it is not identifying the Putty-Window object in my machine. Please let me know of any solution if you are aware of it.

Any help is highly appreciated

Thanks
Harini
Not Solved
Hi Harini ,

Are you running the same script in your colleagues machine? or the same scenario with his custom script . If this is the case then check whether all your objects in the scenario are registered in the object repository properly and also trying spying the application to know whether QTP is really capturing the object details correctly. There are several reasons for this error. But first is to make sure the objects are registered properly.

Regards,
Balaji
Not Solved
Hi Kharini,

Try with the below code...
and use Systemutil.Run "C:\putty.exe
Code:
'Establish a  Telnet session
Systemutil.Run "C:\putty.exe"
window("PuTTY Configuration").WinEdit("Host Name (or IP address)").Set ftp_server
window("PuTTY Configuration").WinRadioButton("Telnet").Set
window("PuTTY Configuration").WinButton("Open").Click
'Logon To the server
window("PuTTY").Type login
window("PuTTY").Type vbcrlf
window("PuTTY").Type pwd
window("PuTTY").Type vbcrlf

Regards,
Venkat.Batchu

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to identify an error page occurring in server in between the qtp run. aswini 1 1,639 05-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Cannot identify the object "Webtable" korunu 1 2,392 06-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Cannot identify the object "Webtable" korunu 0 1,638 05-11-2016, 12:02 AM
Last Post: korunu
  Intermitent "Object not visible" error erodpr 5 3,281 01-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP "Cannot identify the object" richardpaulhall_2 3 13,322 08-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992