Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compatibilty of QTP 9.2 with Citrix based application....
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
I need to automate an application which is accesed through CITRIX terminal server but i am not able to record anything. i came to know that QTP has to be installed on citrix server machine but is there any other option...?
No, I dont think there is any option.

thnks for ur reply....but even if i installed QTP on Citrix server machine, but then how can i use it frm my local machine as its not possible to access citrix server machine for me..
does RDP/VNC possible? I have no idea of working on Citrix, may be someone here can help you on this.

even i dont have an idea of wrking on Citrix..even if RDP \VNC is availbale i can not use it....thts the prblm
Isint the citrix presentation server able to host your desktop on which QTP is installed ? It should be able to..Once done, use the ICA32 client to connect to the citrix machine and then perform whatever you need.

Moreover, Citrix machines are nothing but boxes which can be rdp'd. Have a talk with your sys admin and see if it helps.

You seem to say "RDP/VNC" is avaiable but cannot use it - What does this mean ?
You can connect but cannot record using qtp ? Please elaborate.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
i mean to say i can not do anything on citrix server machine through remote(RDP\VNC) also...even if i intalled QTP on it as client will not allow this....m looking for sum other option so tht there is no need to do anything with citrix server machine like installing add in or sumthing like this......is it possible?
Not that i know something of. Did you try contacting HP ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
didn't got wht u said in the previuos reply..
If i were you...i would log a case with HP and see if they have any workaround.
Basanth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logging into Citrix minocha.prerit@gmail.com 0 1,581 11-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Last Post: minocha.prerit@gmail.com
Question QTP not performing iterations based on local data sheet Breaker 18 55,329 01-25-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: arunshuklainbox
  QTP 11 with VB5 based application Fairbanks 1 1,842 04-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  QTP 9.0 supports WPF based .NET desktop application. nagarajkv 1 2,528 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Last Post: hiregoudar
  How to run QTP from QC on a remote citrix instance? sreekanth 1 4,605 07-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Last Post: ravi.gajul