In my Application, When I am Navigating to https:// site at first time after open a browser(IE8, Windows7) iam getting "Continue to this website (not recommended)." Friends, Could you please let me know how can i resove the issue.
Does it come up even after you say "continue". I am sorry, i have IE6 and dont have higher version of IE, there should be an option on IE where you can add that site to your trusted sites and then it wont show you that option. Dont try to resolve this from QTP front.
I tried through IE settings. Here is the settings have used
Tools->Internet options->Security Tab->Trusted sites(Zone)->Click on "Sites" button->Type the App url(Ex: http://www-qa.razoo.com)in the text box->click on "Add" button->Close 'Close' and 'OK' buttons and Restarted browser and opened application.
But now i am getting popup windows errors, After i click YES button in popup window error again i am getting "Continue" error.
Here is the solution to overcome "continue to this website" error.
How to make IE8 trust a self-signed certificate in 20 irritating steps
1. Browse to the site whose certificate you want to trust.
2. When told "There is a problem with this website's security certificate.", choose "Continue to this website (not recommended)."
3. Select Tools->Internet Options.
4. Select Security->Trusted sites->Sites.
5. Confirm the URL matches, and click "Add" then "Close".
6. Close the "Internet Options" dialog box with either "OK" or "Cancel".
7. Refresh the current page.
8. When told "There is a problem with this website's security certificate.", choose "Continue to this website (not recommended)."
9. Click on "Certificate Error" at the right of the address bar and select "View certificates".
10. Click on "Install Certificate...", then in the wizard, click "Next".
11. On the next page select "Place all certificates in the following store".
12. Click "Browse", select "Trusted Root Certification Authorities", and click "OK".
13. Back in the wizard, click "Next", the "Finish".
14. If you get a "Security Warning" message box, click "Yes".
15. Dismiss the message box with "OK".
16. Select Tools->Internet Options.
17. Select Security->Trusted sites->Sites.
18. Select the URL you just added, click "Remove", then "Close".
19. Now shut down all running instances of IE, and start up IE again.
20. The site's certificate should now be trusted.