Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handling pop-up message
Not Solved
Hi all,

Pls see the attatched image. When minimizing the Remote Desktop, QTP can not click OK button on the message.
Can anybody tell me the solution pls?

Thanks and BRs,
linhke
Not Solved
well my advise would be not to take rdp of the machine where QTP is running, you will face many issues due to that. If you really want to have a look on the machine when QTP is doing its job, better use VNC, It comes with a free version also and best to use to identify the progress of QTP script execution on test machines.

Not Solved
Many thanks for the best solution Saket Smile
Not Solved
Hi Saket,

Now, when i use VNC, have an error happen when running QTP (PURE VIRTUAL FUNCTION CALL). If i set full-screen for the remote PC, this will not happen.
Could you give me an advise pls?

Thanks,
linhke
Not Solved
See if this patch helps you - http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve...t/KM747306

Not Solved
Hi linhke,

Don't minimize the Remote Desktop, click on restore after that try to click some application in ur machine.
Execution will happen smoothly.
I belive this will solve your problem.
Not Solved
Hi,
In my application (windows) all the popup are having same property description. So I am planning to create a function that handles all the popups.( clicks on OK button)
As the parents of the pop ups are differrent, I am unable to write the code. Like

1)
Code:
SwfWindow("Phoenix").SwfWindow("Generic Message Box1").SwfButton("OK").Click
2)
Code:
swfwindow("Notional Availability").SwfWindow("Generic Message Box1").SwfButton("OK").Click
It would be of great help if anyone can suggest me the solution.
Not Solved
Hi,

Code:
Public Function cfn_ClickPopup(strparentsText)
    SwfWindow("text:="&strparentsText).SwfWindow("text:=Generic Message Box1").SwfButton("text:=OK").Click
End Function
use the similar function ...

has your query finds answer in this?
Not Solved
Hi,
Try this.
Code:
Set objParentWin = SwfWindow("Phoenix")
ClickOkInPopUp(objParentWin)

Function ClickOkInPopUp(pObjParentWin)

pObjParentWin.SwfWindow("Generic Message Box1").SwfButton("OK").Click

End Function

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not getting error pop up when replaying through batch amit25007 0 1,305 02-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Last Post: amit25007
  QTP Automation: How to retrieve Reporter.Reportevent Message scsenthil 1 5,255 11-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Last Post: spannerj
  How to write DP for a pop up window which appears only during execution and changes anushreebehura 1 3,656 06-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  POP versus OOP paradigm in DP jp@QTP 0 1,907 06-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Last Post: jp@QTP
  Pop up button and menu Akpene 0 2,171 05-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Akpene